This course is designed to introduce you to the basic concepts of human communication, processes, and environments. This course surveys communication topics related to culture, identity, organizations, and relationships. By the end of this course, you should have a fuller understanding of appropriate and effective communication based on your knowledge of theoretical concepts and their application.
You will learn:
- To define and describe the complex nature of communication
- To identify and describe the various contexts of communication study, including interpersonal, small group, organizations, public, and mass communication
- To explain the features of communication common to all contexts, including verbal and nonverbal
- To connect theoretical concepts of communication to everyday experiences
- To define key terms used by communication researchers and practitioners
- To describe the relationships between the discipline of communication and other academic areas of study
Note: This course is not hosted on the Starbucks Global Academy platform. After enrolling, the course content will direct you on how to complete registration for this content. Check the ASU Earned Admissions website for course availability.